Lewis Carroll once said, “If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will get you there.”
We love this quote, and it gets to the heart of why we love eXp, too. The founder of eXp, Glenn Sanford, started the company by first asking, “What kind of company do I want to have?” and, “What kind of people do I want to be in business with?”
Glenn designed the culture of his company around nine core values that shape the way both the company itself and its agents operate:
1. Fun. Who doesn’t like to have fun?
2. Community. This refers both to creating a sense of community within the company and contributing to the communities in which we as agents work.
3. Agility. This refers to the drive to move fast and to not be stuck with just one way of doing things.
4. Innovation. The culture of eXp is one that always changes and one that is looking for the next idea and how to improve itself. The best way to predict the future, after all, is to invent it.
5. Integrity. Here, we strive to do the right thing even if it’s not easy, which itself is always the right thing.
6. Service. Our goal is to always provide the highest level of service we can to our clients. We even measure the net promoter score (NPS) to ensure that agents are always getting a high level of service from the brokerage.
7. Sustainability. This refers both to forming strategies that work and will continue to work over time, as well as being good stewards to the environment and minimizing the impact we make on the planet.
8. Collaboration. The exciting thing about working for a virtual company is that you get to collaborate with people you’d ordinarily never meet otherwise, including some of the top agents around the world.
9. Transparency. Stuff happens, and that’s okay! When you know what’s going on and are communicating openly and honestly, people will work together to create a solution.
We love these core values because before we even joined with eXp, we knew that they aligned with our family values.
If you’re curious about any of these core values or about eXp as a company, feel free to reach out to us. We’d love to talk to you.